Thursday, October 8, 2009

Gegaran seismik

I'm watching back Freaks and Geeks and was reminiscing the good old days of high school (again!). Since the story is basically about the normal groups of stereotypical high school students I was thinking about the so called good 'ol times.

Yeah many of the good times that are engraved in the time capsule near the brain but some few often the opposite happens. The dark parts of the moon has somehow cleared its way towards your eyes. Most of my UPSR year was only remembered for the excessive slaps I got almost everyday. It was by the BM teacher who had hands bigger than my head. He also taught us Science and oh yeah, he was also our class teacher. Whoop-y...

I just got back from the states and was only really learning Bahasa back for a couple of years, so it was a little hard for me to grasp. Now don't get me wrong, It's not like I failed the subject or anything, it was just that I was not "up to standard" since I was "in the first class". We were already stereotyped and categorised at an early age. At first it was only him who was "picking on me". Later on even the English teacher asked me why I could get good grades in English and not Bahasa since it was our mother tongue.

I remember just shrugging it off almost everyday of the week and football kinda help with things. I guess thats how I learned to just turn off. Be blurred as they call it. It gave me the neccessary equipments to make it through high school where "your grades means yourlife". The categorization in high school only gets worse.

That could be for another time.

4 comments:

shtumshush said...

teen angst in the 80s! smells like teen spirit

Zulhilmi said...

just hope that it's not anything else...

shtumshush said...

just McKinley High. with Sam & Neal fighting over whos the biggest geek, Bill talks about french kiss, freaky yet attractive Daniel Desario ha ha & more..yeah

Zulhilmi said...

Mckinley high is also the high school used in glee which im also watching at the moment..haha..loads of freaking cameo's in the series..