Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Luckily unlucky

Theres always that thrill and burst of adrenalin in sports regardless of the end result. In golf, there is much emphasis on the etiquette as the rules of the game. A hole in one is such a rare treat that if any one golfer would have been lucky to do so they would buy drinks for the whole clubhouse that day. It was basically the etiquette and tradition of celebration for that one event where skill is just 10% of your effort while the other 90% is based on pure luck.

Most of us dream of such an event while there are some, surprisingly, doesn't want any part of it.

We stopped playing for awhile because of heavy rain and thunder but when we started back play my dad had been on fire. The second hole after the restart was a 167m long par 3. His ball flew straight at the flag and as the ball was landing all our hearts skipped a beat. The ball in the end landed just 2 inches from the hole. That was the closest any of us ever got to a legitimate hole in one.

As we drove our carts heading towards the hole there was 2 possible angle he could have looked at it:

The first angle (competitive sportsmen):
It was just 2 inches from the hole. He would have made history. The one thing that most golfers wanted to do, he was 2 inches away. It would be devastating to be so near yet so far.

The second angle:
Luck was on his side after all since he would have had to buy everybody at the clubhouse drinks.

I don't think I have to elaborate on which angle my dad took.

Friday, March 11, 2011


If your not prepared to get what you gave, then don't even think about it.

Monday, March 7, 2011


The place was mainly silence except for the clicking of keyboards. The place itself prohibited the use of mobile phone. One rang and an old-ish woman picked it up and talked slowly. A bank teller asked her to step outside when making a call. Normal. A lot of phones rang that day. Be it mobile or stationary. Normal.

Than a ringtone broke the mild silence. "Oh oh oh oh oh" the sound came out of her phone. Even before another ooh could have come up, the lady picked up the phone covering her face with her hands as if she could be invisible at that time. Everybody looked at her.

She was red in embarrassment. She couldn't think straight as she mumbled slowly talking on the phone. She wanted to dig up her grave at that moment in time. It seemed like thousand of eyes were watching her. Any other day she wouldn't have gotten these looks even if she picked up her phone in a bank.

But today was different. It was the day that she realized she had to change her Justin Beiber ring tone.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011


I dreamed that someday, at least for a few hours,
I get to know the answers to my questions.

The universe has its limitations. Mysterious to some, fucking complicated to others.