Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Cozy grounds

Mark sent me home after some light brunch at Daisy's. If I knew there was brunch I wouldn't have bothered with breakfast and an awkward conversation with a stranger.

This was my home. The place I grew up. As obvious as it was, it never felt that way. I was greeted by my mom who immediately felt like she had to feed me and asking as to whether I'm eating enough. Mothers.

It would be awhile before I could familiarise myself with the space that was my room. It hadn't changed much since the day I left. Mothers. 

She started some small talk about the wedding. I only answered in one liners. Typical. 

I then proceeded to stay in my room and just listen to Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, because, well, can you go wrong with any of their catalogs? Typical.

As I lay on my bed listening to John, Paul, George and Ringo, I pictured how we were not too long ago. Of optimistic enthusiasm thinking how we could change the world. Youthful ignorance they say. Hey, ignorance is bliss.

No comments: