Monday, December 14, 2009

Pukul!!

After having this insane itch to do something less stressful in the midst of heavy examination, project and assignment mayhem, I decided to go to the driving range to hit some balls. It was more "I need to go" somewhere than "I need to hit some balls" type of scenario.

My ever "lost" house mates came with as they have preconceived perception on the game of golf. First they taught that since I didn't drive the car I drove last year (anda faham?) that I couldn't get into the clubhouse itself let alone the driving range. Then they thought that they would have to fork out a lot of dough. Lastly, they did think that golf wasn't a "sport" and that it is as easy as it looks.

The first misconception made me a bit sketchy myself as I have never drove my viva to a golf club before. All the nervousness washed out as we came to the guard house. The guard immediately lifted the gates without hesitation and even tried to sell us some golf balls. (Guard itu tidak car-cist rupanya). Then when it came to paying for the golf balls at the range, I said I would pay for the first 50 balls each since they were skeptical about the payment. After they found out that it was just a mere RM3 for 50 balls, they later added another 50 and paid on their own. (Selepas 50 bola pertama, mereka gian ingin memukul lagi..lepas geram agaknya).

Then came the biggest surprise, well to them, out of the whole ordeal. Ordeal ke?? The "non-sport" made them sweat, have blisters and some muscle pain. This is the result of no stretching and no gloves. Not a sport they say. As I watched in amusement at how they tried to concentrate on hitting this small white ball as far and as straight as they can. Luckily there weren't to many people near us as we might have had to send one of them to the hospital with the way the guys were hitting (but applause for consistency). Ha ha ha. After I taught them some of the basics (that I know of) they found it to be fun and tiring.

So in the end I am here, writing this somewhat useless post about an all too common saying "don't judge a book by it's cover".

Heh, bosan.

p/s: kepada mereka yang masih lagi adamant golf bukan satu sukan, sila jumpa kawan2 saya. Saya suruh mereka membawa anda memukul. (Jangan risau, mereka tidak mengajar).

3 comments:

Zaza B. said...

Saya mahu try golf. Tetapi tidak mengapalah. Mungkin tahun hadapan. Haha

naughtiest maximus said...

dude, where did chu play? klo tiara, i baling one club kt u!~ xkhabar

Zulhilmi said...

zaza,
kalau mahu anda ada nombor saya..nnt saya tahu bila mahu beli helmet..haha...

nm,
nope...ayer keroh GC..tiara jauh :p
haha