Sunday, July 13, 2014

Snap out of it

After some time readjusting my vision I realized that I am just sitting in mall parking lot in the middle of the city. The phone rang. It was Mark. I knew this as the song Psycho Killer played whenever he called. Aptly chosen, I thought.

"Where are you?" he was asking while I tried to be fully aware of my surrounding.
"I am somewhere." I answered.
"Well Josh is having this party up at his house. Come now, no excuse." he said trying to convince me.
"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I replied reluctantly.

So on I went to Josh's who has a house on top of a hill that overlooked the city. This is where all the rich people lived. The kind of people that they are not worried where their next paycheck comes in or when for that matter. The ones whose problems involves talking about jargon that no normal person could decipher and yet still a bitch ain't one. The one percent.

Two building connected by a corridor and a pool in the middle. Everybody else were already nearing the pool with drinks in hand. Some are even in the pool itself which is surround by lush greens. As one would go to the end of the plot, one would be welcomed by a beautiful view of the city skyline. With the moon up shining. Reflections of a city that never sleeps and yet its inhabitants do anything but.

Mark came to me with a drink. "Here you go." as he hands it to me. "Look at the view eh." making small talk. "Yeah I guess. Seems a bit crowded though." I lazily replied. "Yeah, Josh just got news that he got the role for that superhero movie, and you know how that goes financially" Mark explained. "Yeah. So I've heard." trying to reply with enthusiasm. "Look, I've asked you to come because I want you to meet a friend of mine." he continued. "Oh." my only response.

This doesn't sound good.  

 

No comments: