Sunday, July 6, 2014

Stub out

Wheels spinning on the tarmac, as light rain descent onto the earth. It was a windy night that seems out of place for a country like this. Even so I have my windows down enjoying as the wind whispers into the night. I light a cigarette just because. Strolling at night through the concrete jungle of the city. Skyscrapers high with glass windows covering the exterior reflecting the night lights surrounding the area. The full moon is out giving more light to the night sky.

New Order softly plays in the background as I am cruising at not more than 60 km/hour. At this late night no cars are on the road currently where during the day the roads seemed more like a big parking lot than a place where cars stream through. Even the traffic lights seemed to have agreed with my midnight stroll, as one by one turned green. All seemed to not matter as I barely knew where I was. Just driving following the track in front of me, not knowing where to go. It wouldn't have mattered much. Not today.

"So you have started smoking again" she said as I puffed one more toxic induced smoke into the air.

I quickly put out the cigarette by clumsily crushing the burning end on the side of the car. Or so I thought. The wind had blown it into the car and it dropped on my lap. Its burning hot end warming up my upper thighs. I did a crazy dance trying to get it on the ground and stomp it out. "Well look at you've done" I sad as I wipe the ashes from my jeans. "I didn't do anything, it was all you. As it has always been." she replied.

"Why are you here anyways?" I asked. "I'm not." she replied.

Maybe that wasn't a cigarette after all.

No comments: