Monday, January 25, 2010

Part 2: Time slows down

It took what seemed forever to have made my decision but finally I said no and he said "your lost." If I were to get some more I'd be lying about where I had been to my boss the next day. I put on my Ipod and helmet and went my way. The city buzzing in excitement all the way to the bank I worked for. No, I wasn't your executive calling all the shots at this so called big bank nor was I even the bank teller. I had more liberté working at the back. The glue to every organization I would always imagine. The office boy.

Everything seemed grey. Life was more symmetric than I would have hoped for. Almost every people I meet inside the bank are DOA. This seemed weird considering the huge amounts of money they make each year. Every cliche you could have ever imagined was evident right smack in the middle of this high paced monetary center. Every phone never stops ringing, every keyboard never stopped clicking, and yet the people who are in the middle of everything looked like zombies. No, not your Hollywood big block buster movie zombies, they were more B movie zombies who were too slow for even considering eating peoples brains for livelihood. I didn't want to be stuck doing that for the rest of my life. Hence my past working experience of 5 different jobs all of which that slowly shred any soul left in me. I have worked for the head honchos of the business lines but gained nothing other than an imaginary cancer. I was still waiting for my appointment at an imaginary hospital about that.

My day consisted of mainly sitting around doing other people's chores. "Send this to this department," they would say or "pick up this and that". It wasn't your normal 8 to 5 job but it does get me a little wee self time on my own. I could be lazying around the office drinking coffee or having a snack outside the building. Plus I get to go home earlier than the others especially when there is anything left to do which for the most part a usual occasion. When I do go back late, my ride back home is like the game Frogger. A balancing act if one could have imagined. The impatient honking cars, the speeding motorcycles weaving around the conjunctions and fast walking zombie like creature heading to the nearest tube. I head back home to do it all over again the next day.

No comments: